The world is facing a crisis: poverty, hunger, inequality and climate change are just some of the issues we need to address.
In 2015, world leaders came together to create 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) which aim to tackle these issues, to build a better world by 2030.
What you may not be aware of is the fact that ISO Standards play a big part in the journey towards a better future. Many commonly used ISO Standards already meet certain goals, with more in development.
Today, Mel explains what the SDG’s are, and how businesses can align themselves with the SDG’s with related ISO standards.
- The 17 sustainable development goals set by the UN.
- How to align your business with the SDG’s.
- How the SDG’s affect our day-to-day lives.
- The ISO standards that can help you meet the SDG’s.
- Details of the first 9 SDG’s and the ISO standards that relate to them.
- Where the term ISO came from.
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- What is ISO 20400 – Sustainable Procurement
- How to avoid anti-bribery fines – ISO 37001
- Need support with revamping your Management System? check out our ISO Support Plan
- Need guidance and support with ISO Standards? Isologyhub
In this episode, we talk about:
[01:48] What the sustainable development goals are.
[02:29] When the SDG was established and what it’s agenda is.
[03:17] An overview of the 17 SDG’s.
[04:48] Where the term ISO came from.
[09:05] How ISO 20400 and ISO 37001 relate to the goal of ‘No Poverty’.
[11:25] The ISO standards related to the goal of ‘Zero Hunger’ including ISO 22000, ISO 26000 and ISO 20400.
[13:05] How ISO 13845 can relate to the goal of ‘Good health and well-being’.
[13:53] The first-ever management standard on education ISO 21001.
[15:23] How ISO 26000 can help improve gender equality.
[17:40] The ISO standards for water management that relate to the UN’s goal of ‘Clean water and sanitation’ including ISO 24518, ISO 14001 and ISO 24521.
[19:48] The increase in development of ISO standards in the area of Affordable and clean energy’ including ISO 50001 and the ISO 52000 series of Standards.
[21:37] How international standards promote the goal of ‘Decent work and economic growth’ including ISO 45001, ISO 37001, ISO 9001 and ISO 44001.
[27:48] How international standards promote the goal of ‘Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure’ including ISO 56002 and ISO 56003
Just a reminder, we’re offering 6 months free access to the isologyhub for anyone who signs up to an ISO Support Plan!
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on Twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with our latest episodes:
Stitcher | Spotify | YouTube |iTunes | Soundcloud