The aim of this episode is to have a clear plan for your ISO System for Success – from choosing the ISO Standard, to branding and establishing a place where everyone can access the system – so that you can move onto creating your ISO System.
You’ll learn about:
- Setting your expectations
- Deciding which ISO standard(s) and scope
- Getting leadership buy-in
- Choosing a certification body
- Creating a Project Plan
- Deciding on branding of your ISO system
- Establishing a ‘home’ for your system
- Creating a Communications Plan
- Identifying your current level of compliance
- Set your expectations
- Clarify why you want to achieve an ISO certification
- Identify what you’ve already got in place
- Decide on your goals for the set time
- Shortlist which ISO Standard (s) to implement
- Decide whether ISO Certification is the right choice
- Decide which ISO Standard(s) and scope
- Research your standards options
- Identify what your stakeholders are seeking reassurance for
- Brainstorm where your operational weaknesses are
- Where do you need to raise standards within your business?
- What would be beneficial from a Sales and Marketing perspective?
- Establish the scope of your system
- Decide what your scope of certification will be
- Get leadership buy-in
- Validate your ISO initiative
- Present the benefits and ROI
- Establish timescales and resources
- Establish project sponsor
- Establish a project lead
- Establish your ISO Champions
- Consider getting assistance i.e., at www.isologyhub.com
- Choosing a Certification body
- Get quotes from an accredited Certification body
- Review the costs of certification over the 3 years your certificate is valid.
- Check if the Certification body has experience in your sector for the standard you are interested in.
- Create a Project Plan
- Establish roles, responsibilities, accountabilities
- Establish Project milestones
- Decide on timescales for project milestones
- Identify key dependencies
- Decide on the branding of your ISO system
- Decide how you want to position your system within the company
- Choose a name for your system
- Choose your system branding
- Establish a ‘home’ for your system
- Where will your system live?
- Identify how employees will access the system
- Decide if the system is to be integrated with other systems
- Determine how you would like employees to get the most from the system
- Create a Communications Plan
- Establish what you are going to communicate, when, how, and with whom
- Brainstorm ideas for your Launch
- Start to consider the communication of your success once your company has achieved certification.
- Identify your current level of compliance
- Purchase a copy of the ISO Standard
- Review your company policies and procedures against the requirements of the standard
- Create an Action Plan with responsibilities and timelines for the completion of tasks.
Hopefully, that’s helped understand what’s involved at the planning stage of introducing an EMS.
If you would like any help implementing ISO 14001, then make sure to sign up to the isology hub waitlist! This is going to be a game-changer in the ISO standards field, which is why we won the support of the UK government through their sustainable innovation grant. All the resources that you need on ISO 14001 will be available on www.isologyhub.com. So, click on the link to join the waitlist to be notified of when you can get access to our online membership portal. It is the go-to place for all things ISO. We’ve got video tutorials, check sheets, quick wins, eLearning courses, and just about everything you need to create, launch and build your ISO system for success.
Don’t forget to download your FREE ISO standards blueprint hereto get your EMS kick started!
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on Twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with our latest episodes:
Stitcher | Spotify | YouTube |iTunes | Soundcloud