This episode, we’re joined by Paul Robinson our Managing Consultant at Blackmores to talk about ISO 50001 – the Energy Management Standard.
Paul gives us some guidance and advice on how to audit and implement this standard effectively and how you can make improvements in your energy management.
We also talk about some common techniques to reduce energy consumption, how to increase a buildings energy efficiency, and how to monitor if equipment is being used in line with good practice.
- How to make improvements in your energy management.
- How to implement the energy management standard ISO 50001.
- The purpose and benefits of carrying out internal audits.
- Common techniques to reduce energy consumption.
- How to increase a buildings energy efficiency.
- Why everyone should switch to LED lights.
In this episode, we talk about:
[02:25] The purpose and benefits of carrying out internal audits.
[03:31] Benefits data centres have had as a result of auditing.
[04:45] How an organization can set up a robust audit programme.
[07:23] The impact a building’s design has on its energy efficiency and how this can be improved.
[10:16] The importance of monitoring systems and the power of automation.
[11:59] How to know which maintenance companies to work with.
[13:13] How to know if equipment is being used with good practice.
[15:26] The benefits of raising opportunities of improvement to management.
[17:59] Common opportunities for businesses to improve their energy management.
[21:24] Evidence you expect to see when carrying out an ISO 50001 audit.
If you need assistance with implementing ISO 50001 or another standard – Contact us!
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on Twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with our latest episodes:
Stitcher | Spotify | YouTube |iTunes | Soundcloud