Ian Van Der Pool is the chairman of the European Facilities Standards committee and co-author of ISO 41001 and ISO 41014. He also has his own business, which is ISO 41001 CSI. He currently works with the Dutch Ministry of Defence and is responsible for implementing a brand new FM system fully compliant to ISO 41001.
Tune in to this episode to learn from Ian Van Der Pool, who has lots of valuable experience implementing ISO standards for facilities management. Ian speaks about how he got involved with ISO 41001, why it’s important to have an ISO standard, and how such a standard is created. He details the commercial value in ISO 41001, the benefits and main drivers of having a facilities management system in place that is aligned with the standard, and the risk of not having one implemented. The uncertainty of returning to the office amid a pandemic is discussed, along with the effects of this uncertainty. Then, Ian shares his top tips for implementing facilities management systems, noting a valuable lesson he learned in all the organizations he has interviewed.
Course Date: 18th September 2020
Course cost: £500
- How Ian got involved with ISO 41001
- Why it’s important to have an ISO standard for facilities management
- How multiple countries come together to create these standards
- What drives companies or venues to implement ISO 41001
- The commercial value in ISO 41001 and the risk of not implementing it
- The effects of uncertainty of returning the workplace during coronavirus
- The benefits of having a facilities management system in place
- Ian’s top tips for implementing facilities management systems: where do they begin and how do they comply with the standard?
- ISO Support Plan
- ISO Elearning
- ISO Steps to Success
In this episode, we talk about:
[00:43] A bit about Ian Van Der Pool
[02:50] Something not many people know about Ian
[03:40] How Ian got involved with ISO 41001
[06:51] Why is it important to have an ISO standard for facilities management?
[08:32] Is ISO 41001 the only certifiable standards that organizations can be certified against?
[09:30] How does a standard get created?
[12:25] Main drivers for implementing ISO 41001 for a facilities management company or venue
[14:39] The commercial value in ISO 41001
[17:39] The risk of not having it implemented
[18:55] The effects of uncertainty regarding going back into the workplace
[20:43] The benefits of having a facilities management system in place that is aligned with the standard
[22:37] Why would you need ISO 41001 in addition to or instead of other standards?
[27:30] Tips for implementing facilities management systems + A valuable lesson learned in all the organizations Ian has interviewed [31:02] How to learn more about and contact Ian + About his ISO 41001 foundation training course offered by CSI
If you need assistance with implementing ISO 41001 – Contact us!
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with our latest episodes: