Over the last 13 years that I’ve been running Blackmores, the most popular standard has been without doubt ISO 9001. We’ve implemented the Quality Standard for hundreds of businesses large and small, so I thought this would be a great place to start with our first ISO Show series. We are introducing for the first time a 3-part series, ISO 9001 Steps to success, which will take you through how to implement a Quality Management System – from initial idea through to assessment.
Rachel Churchman is my guest on the ISO 9001 Steps to success series. As a Managing Consultant at Blackmores, she brings a wealth of experience of implementing ISO Standards, and will guide you through the Blackmores ISO Steps to success for successful delivery of your ISO 9001 Project.
In episode 1 Rachel highlights: –
- Why ISO 9001 is so popular – it’s not just a Quality System…. It’s a ‘Best Practice’ system for running any business
- How to establish the scope of certification
- What is involved with a Gap Analysis to understand how compliant you are to ISO 9001
- Where the typical gaps are within a business that need to be filled to pass an assessment
- What type of evidence you need to start to establish
- Who needs to be involved with the creation of the QMS
Rachel guides us through understanding how to get under the skin of a business to establish the context of the organisation. This includes establishing risks, opportunities and interested parties and provides some handy tips to achieve this: –
- External issues – PESTLE – Political, Economical, Social, Technological, Legal, Ethical and Environmental.
- Internal issues – SWOT – Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- Identify interested parties that are affected by or could have an impact on your business.
And click HERE for further information on our ISO 9001 Steps to success service
To help out the ISO Show: